This website is not Social Security Administration (SSA). We are the Social Security Advisory Board, an independent government agency. We do not have personal Social Security information available to us, at all.
Below we have provided detailed information on how you can find what you need from SSA. All links lead to the official SSA website.
Contacting the Social Security Administration
- BY PHONE:
- You can accomplish a lot over the phone including: checking on the status of a claim, applying for a replacement card, finding a local office, or getting information about Medicare.
- The automated system is available 24 hours a day. If you would like to speak with a person make sure to call between 7am and 7pm, Monday through Friday only.
- The Social Security Administration main phone number is 1-800-777-1213
- Information for callers: https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/phone.html
- IN PERSON:
- Some transactions require that you appear in person. Prior to going, we highly recommend you check for your local Social Security Office.
- Check the office locator by simply inputting your zip code: https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp
- You can call in advance and make an appointment, however it may be days or weeks out. If you are appearing without an appointment, we recommend getting there as early as possible.
Protecting yourself against scams and fraud
- If you believe you have been the victim of an impersonation scam over the phone, computer or by mail, please contact SSA’s Office of the Inspector General.
- Click here for additional information on how to recognize a scam and how to officially report it to government agencies. Reporting attempted scams helps the authorities identify the perpetrators and prevent others from being victimized.