The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has affected many aspects of our lives and how we interact with government agencies like the Social Security Administration. The links below provide important information from Social Security and other agencies. All links are to official government websites.
How to Contact Your Local SSA Field Office
- Social Security Field Offices are closed to the public, but you can still contact your local office by phone.
- Enter your Zip code into SSA’s Field office locator.
- Office number is located under “Additional Office Information”.
- You can always call the national toll free number 800-772-1213
- See our “Looking for SSA” page for more ways to contact Social Security
- For more information see: SSA’s office closings and emergencies page
Social Security Administration Coronavirus Information
Social Security Coronavirus Main Updates Page (Check for frequent updates)
Information for Representative Payees and Beneficiaries with Payees (Updated May 22). See also IRS Alert from June 16 below
Subscribe to receive updates by email or text from the Social Security Administration and other agencies. (requires submitting your email address)
Internal Revenue Service Information on Taxes and Economic Impact Payments
Protect Yourself from Scams
- SSA Inspector General
- Federal Trade Commission
- Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
- Health and Human Services Inspector General
For more information on how to protect yourself from scams, see our financial scam information page
Government Information about Coronavirus
Government Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Top U.S. Government Websites for COVID-19 resources and information (USA.gov)
Coronavirus.Gov Information for the public from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Task Force at the White House
CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) The latest public health and safety information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Governors Association Coronavirus Page Current information on the status of COVID-19 in the United States and abroad and what actions states/territories have taken to address it